Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sleep

Sleep by KagomeMiroku
Fandom: Yu-Gi-Oh
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3629311/1/Sleep [2010 Update: Link is dead.]

So, I was going to do a Hey Arnold slasher fanfic, but I had some formatting trouble.
ANYWAY!

Sleep is a melodramatic songfic. A very melodramatic songfic. It also has some weird pairings.
Kaiba/Mai?
Jonouchi/Isis?
Mokuba/Shizuka?
Marik/OC?

Yeah, I wonder when Mokuba and Shizuka got together, since Shizuka is a teenager and Mokuba is, like, 9.

Anyway, the story starts with Kaiba yelling at his lisping son:

"What did I tell you! Stop bugging me!" I hollered.

"Daddy, pwease list..."

"NO! Go to your room!" I shouted.

The little boy that stood in front of me began to cry. Out of his big brown eyes tears raced down his face. My only son, cried, he was upset right in front of me and all I could do is holler! Jon ran down the hall to his room. I just sat on the couch.

"You know how he gets, Seto!" my wife shouted and raced down the hall to my son's room. "Jonny. Sweetie, it's mommy. Open up." she demanded without any sound of anger in her voice. It was calm and peaceful, ready to give open arms to our son.

But he wouldn't answer her.

"Jon? Please open this door." she more firmly spoke.

Still no reply.

Finally, she ran into our room and grabbed a bobby-pin. She placed the pin inside the door and unlocked it. I shot up from my possition at the sound of her scream. I ran into Jon's room, to find it empty (other than my wife) with the curtains of his bedroom widow blowing everywhere, the screen thrown onto the floor cut open, the glass part was all the way open.

I ran to the window and looked out. My wife, Mai, was almost crying at the loss. I hugged her, but she pulled away.

"It's all your fault." she blamed me. "It's all your fault. If you never hollered at him, maybe he'd be still happy and with us! Get out!" she hollered.

"But, Mai..."

"OUT!" she pointed to the door rubbing her eyes.

UH OH!!
So, Kaiba wanders around town, emoing about his son. What about calling the police, Kaiba!?
Oh, wait, I know why. "Screw the cops, I have money."

Everywhere he swore he had seen Jon. "Daddy!" Jon screamed running towards him. Seto couldn't believe his eyes. He ran towards his son and embraced him, but once he had reached the arms of his son, he dissapeard.

"No!" he shouted, tears running down his face.

Uh huh...
Next, we cut to Yugi and Anzu (the only plausible couple in this story):

Yugi Moto, walked inside his house in California. His wife sat on the couch, she was crying.

"What's wrong?" he asked concerned.

"Yugi, I lost the baby." the wife replied.

Yuig stared at her wide-eyed and rushed to her side.

"No you didn't. She's still right there in your stomach!" Yugi worriedly hollered.

The wife began crying, and Yugi hugged her. "Maybe it's not gone, have faith." he told her.

Wait, is she still pregnant? Is Yugi in denial? Fuck, I don't know.
Then, Mokuba sees Shizuka cheating on him!!!

It was a misunderstanding.' Mokuba thought to himself. 'There not together.' he kept repeating in his mind after seeing his wife kissing her old best friend.

"Mokuba!"

His wife came out.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"You know perfectly well!" Mokuba actually screamed.

His wife tried to stand and look innocent

I don't blame her for cheating, since he's 9 years old and all.

Seto walked past a water fountain and sat on its edge. His elbows on his knees, and his hands on both sides of his face. He looked up for a brief moment and saw someone he knew.

"Ishizu?" he asked.

The woman turned around with a tear-stained face.

"What happened?" Seto asked.

"Joey and me are over." she replied.

The woman took a seat on Seto's right and cried onto his shoulder.

"Why?" he asked.

"He never honestly loved me. It was a dare." she told him then asked, "Why are you here? Is something wrong with you and Mai?"

Why Jonouchi and Isis!? What's the point!?

Marik and Rebecca both sat on the couch crying, "My baby!" Rebecca cried onto Marik's shoulder.

Marik looked down at her and cried as well.

"I'll never see my baby again!" she cried some more.

"Olivia." Marik whispered the name of his now dead daughter.

A boy around fifteen years old walked in also crying. He walked over to his parents and was pulled into a family hug.

ahahahahahahahahahaha. I love the idea of Marik as a family man. But, I thought he was a wife-batterer (See: Wishes Never Come True).

"Serenity, I can't believe you." Mokuba scolded her, looking away from her.

"But Mokie..."

"No. No 'but Mokie'. Not anymore." he cried, his new glasses fogged up and were filled with tears.

I think I have a new favorite fanfic quote.
Well, as it turns out, the whole fanfic was a dream! Yay lazy endings!

"It was only a dream..." I breathed and walked into Jon's room.

He was sound asleep.

I smiled and went over to the side of his bed, "I love you buddy."

"I wuv you too Daddy." Jon yawned, without opening his eyes.

I kissed the top of his head and went back to my room where Mai was slowly waking up.

"What's wrong, Seto?" she asked.

"Nothing, babe." I assured her and kissed the top of her head. "Not anymore."

The Verdict
This fanfic is certainly not as good as Days of Our Lives. I mean, DoOL has Snake Plissken (okay, it's really some guy that looks like him). 1/5

No comments: